Monday, November 4, 2013

This is Halloween.

Halloween was a lot of fun this year. Coleman, Jenn and I decided to throw a little get together at our house the day after Halloween. On Halloween night we were able to go to a little haunted house in a neighborhood because Parker was working in it. It was actually really fun. There were all little kids working in it so that almost made it a little creeper. I was especially glad because I would have been really sad if I didn't do ANYTHING on Halloween. Plus our house was kind of lame. We didn't get a single trick-or-treater. I mean hello kids! I have candy! and lots of it. That might sound a little creepy but for real. The light was on! I get that most people don't trick-or-treat on the busiest road in North Ogden, but I may or may not have had my hopes up just a little bit. I would have even appreciated a "too old teenager" at my door. 



Jenn was able to spend the night at our house halloween night and we went and got all of our decorations 1/2 off. Smartest move ever if you ask me! We got a fog machine for fifteen dollars and napkins and plates for fifty cents! We spent all day buying decorations and food for the party. Lucky for us we had a ton of decorations already. When Linda Mom came down last weekend she brought us a ton of lights and cute decorations. When we were shopping with her we found this super awesome Willy beard from Duck Dynasty, so Cole decided to be that this year. Our only struggle was finding him a wig. We finally found the perfect one the day of our party for only five dollars. We even stuffed a pillow in his shirt that looks pretty realistic.  I decided to go as the deer that Cole hit with his car last August. It was really fun to go as something gross this year. 


We covered up our washer and dryer and used those as a table for drinks. We made homemade rootbeer in a witches cauldron and it was soo good. It reminded me of Halloween when I was a kid. We were lucky because I swear that we found the last rootbeer extract in Ogden. Shout out to Smiths for not letting us down. 


We had the whole back room covered in spiderwebs and all of upstairs with orange and purple lights. I didn't get a picture of the upstairs at all. Partly because I didn't take a single picture the whole night. I totally stole these pictures from Jenn's facebook and I feel guilty about it but what are you going to do I guess.. Shout out to Jenn for being way better at taking pictures at parties. 


Turns out throwing parties at your own house is pretty exhausting. I have a newfound respect for all the people who have thrown parties that I've attended. I mean Jenn has people at her house basically every weekend. She's a rockstar and a half. Overall it was a really great night and I'm looking forward to more fun in this little old house that I've become rather fond of.






No comments:

Post a Comment