Saturday, November 23, 2013

Relient K and Half Birthdays.

Last week I was driving in the car with Coleman and Jenn and we were listening to Relient K in the car. It was then that Coleman told me that we would be going to see them the next week. Listen, I totally freaked out, started crying, the whole picture. If you're wondering what it looked like just search "Parents surprise their kids with DisneyLand" into YouTube and you might get the general idea of what my face was like. My love for Relient K started when I was probably in 7th grade. My friends liked them, so I liked them in return. I didn't own many CD's growing up and they were one of the only bands who's music I owned. They were my first concert as well. I think the love I have for them now is just because they bring so many good memories of growing up. They were the soundtrack to my junior high and high school years. So when Cole surprised me with these tickets I was thrilled. Firstly because   it was Relient K. Secondly because he's celebrating my half birthday which is basically the number one best trait a husband can have. 


This is a picture of me and Kim when I saw them for the first time. 

Me and Cole got there pretty early and were able to get right in the front row. Cole even caught Relient K's drum stick for me, what a dreamboat. This is one of the perks of having a tall husband. They came with Driver friendly who are pretty new but I enjoyed them and we were able to meet them after the concert and they were all really cool. They also came with Motion City Soundtrack which was also great. I don't know very many of their songs but I definitely want to. 



I was so glad to run into Kim and Tucker at the concert. It was like the good ol' days. I caught myself thinking during the concert about how lucky I am that even though so much has changed in our lives we have kept the same friendship and I'm so grateful for that. Yay for good friends. 

Speaking of gratitude we are headed to Parma Idaho this week for Thanksgiving. It will be my first Thanksgiving spent not with my family but I am excited to spend it with the Hansens this year. This Thanksgiving is also Extra special because its Coleman's twenty fourth birthday!! And then Jenn's is the next day! (and then my Half birthday, just saying)  So heres to a week filled with lots of food, laughter and biiiirrrthdaysss, which are my favorite thing. YAY

No comments:

Post a Comment